Is your mattress starting to feel a little less supportive? Do you find yourself tossing and turning because you can’t get comfortable? Or are you just looking for a change? If you said yes to any of these questions, then you should invest in a mattress topper!
A mattress topper is a thinner, removable layer that sits on top of your existing mattress for an added layer of comfort. You can get a mattress topper in every kind of material, from feather to memory foam, so you can find the perfect mattress topper that’s right for you.
Why should I buy a mattress topper?
- It adds an extra layer of support, which may be welcome if you’ve recently gone through surgery, are pregnant, or just find yourself sore after a hard day at work. If you find your current mattress is not quite easing your neck and back pain the way it used to, a topper might be just what you’re after.
- It adds an extra layer of protection to your mattress. If you’re planning on keeping your mattress as long as possible, regularly keeping it free from dust mites, sweat, crumbs or spills is a necessary step. Mattress toppers, as well as protectors, go a long way in keeping your mattress clean.
- It’s a great way to extend the life of a mattress that has lost its firmness. Mattresses are expensive, and we can’t always afford to fully replace them when one has slightly worn out. A mattress topper is a less expensive fix that can keep you going until you order your next mattress.
- It’s an affordable fix for a mattress that isn’t quite right. For example, if you want to make the change to memory foam without changing mattresses completely, or if your mattress arrived and you discovered it was a little firmer/softer than you remember.
- It makes a good mobile mattress. Are you in need of a temporary bed for camping, sleepovers, or couch surfing? Thicker mattress toppers make for good temporary beds on their own, though we don’t recommend using them long term.
When choosing a mattress topper, consider the following:
- How big is my bed? Make sure to measure and get a topper the same size as your existing mattress.
- Do I want my mattress softer, or firmer? This will determine how thick your topper might be, as well as the materials used.
- Is temperature an issue? Wool and down mattress toppers will help disperse heat, while some latex and memory foam toppers will retain heat.
- What’s your budget? Cheaper toppers are likely to be synthetic and short-lasting but will make the perfect temporary bed. Down toppers will last longer and have a more luxurious feel, but you may not want to spend so much money on a topper you only use occasionally.
If you’re in the market for a mattress topper, Giselle bedding has you covered. We offer memory foam, latex and pillowtop mattress toppers that are luxuriously soft and inexpensive, so you can get the most out of your bedding in style and comfort. Check out our range today so you can dream better tomorrow.